Sunday, September 29, 2013

16 Things I've Learned Since Being Married

After our recent anniversary, I've been reflecting a lot on the past two years. Here are a few things I've learned. Enjoy!! :)

16 Things I've Learned Since Being Married:

1. How much boys shed:



(Click to enlarge)


How much girls shed:

(Click to enlarge)
2. My new version of 'killing' spiders is trapping them under cups and waiting until my husband can come home and kill them.

3. You can have a perfect date night with two bowls of ice cream and a hundred awesome YouTube videos... Like this one here. Or this one here.


4. How warm girls like the house to be:

(Click to enlarge)
How warm boys like the house to be:


(Click to enlarge)

5. No longer an acceptable dinner:



(Click to enlarge)

Acceptable only under the clause "We're poor" / "I want an easy dinner" / "I'm running a marathon tomorrow":


(Click to enlarge)

ALWAYS ACCEPTABLE:



(Click to enlarge)

6. Snooze buttons are SO much more tempting when there's snuggling involved.


7. If your husband is snoozing on the couch and will not come to bed, just go to the kitchen and start yelling "Cockroach, cockroach, cockroach!" He'll get up. :)


8. Instant mood-setter

(Click to enlarge)


Instant mood-killer



(Click to enlarge)


9. You don't need a security system when you're newlywed and poor. (Seriously, we left these signs up when we went home over summer break):


(Click to enlarge)

10. The absolute meanest thing you can do to another person... is rub against a mosquito bite they didn't know they had...


11. Living with an manual car parked in your driveway everyday does not mean you'll learn how to drive stick. (I've really got to get on that!)



12. Dinners of the week:


SATURDAY:
(Click to enlarge)

SUNDAY:
(Click to enlarge)

MONDAY:
(Click to enlarge)

TUESDAY / WEDNESDAY / THURSDAY:
(Click to enlarge)

FRIDAY:
(Click to enlarge)


13. Babysitting used to feel like, "Oh, this will be fun for a few hours!" Now if feels like, "Oh nooo these days are coming for me!!"


14. My desk:


(Click to enlarge)
His desk:


To his credit, it doesn't normally look like this.
We were renovating this summer and I think
his desk area just got a little neglected.
(Click to enlarge)

15. This happened one day.... We picked it off the floor and ate it anyway.


(Click to enlarge)
16. Living with and loving your very best friend just very well might be the very best thing in this very hard world. :) I love you so much, Dan, and I could not have dreamed up a better husband! Thanks for letting me tease you a little in this post. I'll try not to hog all the sheets tonight to make up for it. :)


9.10.11
(Click to enlarge)


Hope you enjoyed this!
Agape, 
CC

2 comments: