Sunday, January 13, 2013

Le Siftar Café

Ok, ok ok ok ok.... I'm sorry!

I've been promising forever and ever that I would post pictures of some of the work we've done on our house (with a purple front door!) and I've failed. So forgive me, please? I'll try to be better.

And now! OUR DINING ROOM!! EEE! With some huge help from our parents, especially my in-laws, it was the very first room we tackled and therefore deserves Post Numero Uno of the house-makeover postings.

Here's the before picture:

(Click to enlarge)
It's the room downstairs. The loft is above it.


(Click to enlarge)
 A little plain-Jane with some seriously fugly blinds.

We decided to do this room first because unlike most of the other rooms in the house, the walls didn't need any repair before we painted. And we wouldn't have to worry about trimming around the popcorn ceiling due to the crown molding.

Here's what it looked like during the "renovation" process.


(Click to enlarge)
We picked out the brightest white available for the trim. I wanted to add a really crisp, clean look to help overshadow most of the house's outdated-ness. It took about fifty bazillion coats to cover (the above picture is two coats), so for the other rooms in the house we purchased and paint and primer in one which helped significantly. Definitely worth the extra expense-- we would have spent more buying enough paint anyway.

And get this! When Dan and I bought the house, we thought the trim was an ivory / almond color. Wrong-o! Look at the banister trim next to the freshly painted trim. It's almost brown! (Who in the world would paint their trim dirty-toenail brown??)

(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)
Gosh doesn't the room look so much brighter just by painting the trim?

The chandelier hanging up only cost me about $13. It's one of my favorite things in the house. I'll write a post  with all the details about it in the near future.

And now-- the finished (for now) dining room!


(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

Praise Jesus! He's been so sweet to us with this house. What a creative plan He's designed to not only help us pay back our student loans, but teach us a lot about managing our time, finances, and energy with this home. Plus, we've already learned a lot about home repair! God has made this all so fun. What a wonderful blessing. :)

Paint-- $65
Chandelier-- $13
Getting rid of those awful blinds-- Oh so priceless!!

Under $100 and the room looks totally different. It's amazing what a good paint job can do! And I must give credit to my wonderful in-laws who painted the majority of it all while Dan and I were at work. What a sweet gift!!

Here come my attempt at artsy shots!!

Ooooh bottles!
(Click to enlarge)

Aaahhh melting candle!
(Click to enlarge)

Home sweet home.
(Click to enlarge)
 I can't wait to share more with ya'll!  Thanks for visiting with me for a while!

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Agape,
CC


No comments:

Post a Comment