Saturday, March 29, 2014

An Engagement Story

❤ This past weekend, I had the extreme pleasure of visiting one of my best friends from college, Riley, in Washington D.C. where she currently lives... and being there for her engagement! It was so marvelous! Two other friends from college were also there, and when our soon-to-be engaged friend went to the airport believing she was picking up her boyfriend, she met us instead. Oh, her face was priceless! She began hugging us, half smiling, almost crying, all while shouting "It is happening today, isn't it?! It is, it is!"

Although the actual moment of getting engaged was not a surprise, the day of it was indeed and we spent the rest of the afternoon preparing. Going to lunch (on her boyfriend! Thanks, Aaron!) at the place where they had their first date, getting our nails done, picking out a new outfit, and just enjoying one another and showing our friend how loved she is.

I had the joy of sneaking up on the couple during the actual proposal (ok, I tried to be sneaky but there was just nowhere to hide. I stayed far away at least...). I feel so honored to have been able to watch this moment, let alone capture it on film, and I wanted to share the product with you.

(Click to enlarge)
(Click to enlarge)


(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

Click to enlarge)
I think the best part of the whole experience was that while watching the proposal, all the emotions I felt during my own engagement came flooding back. Mostly the deep anticipation for the wedding to come and the overwhelming feeling of being unconditionally loved. And my dear friend Riley got to experience these emotions all day long while we prepared together.

I just kept thinking about what a beautiful picture this is of Christ and his Bride. And how the entirety of our lives will be spent in deep anticipation, awaiting the day we meet our Savior face to face. And through the waiting and yearning and longing, we can rest knowing that we are overwhelmingly, unconditionally loved.

Oh, how loved we are indeed!

Just as we did with Riley that afternoon, let us spend the rest of our days preparing, for we never know when the King will emerge from the shadows and calls us back home. 

Agape,
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment