Thursday, September 5, 2013

Master Bedroom Reveal!!

I hope you're having a great start to fall and that you've had your first Pumpkin Spice Latte already!! What a sweet season, indeed.

I'll just jump right into this one: here's our bedroom! This was by far the easiest room we've re-done. You probably won't even notice that we repainted the walls because the color is so similar, but all-in-all I still think the finish project looks pretty cute. (Yes, that means when it was all done, I cried. I just can't get over the blessing of this house!)

Here's the before pictures. (Please also envision lots of spiders. There were spiders everywhere! Gross...)

(Click to enlarge)


(Click to enlarge)
(Click to enlarge)
Annnd this little super-90's gem on the back of our door!


(Click to enlarge)

Let me just tell you, if you aren't expecting a giant mirror to be there when you close your bedroom door for the first time, it can be quite startling. :)

Also, this is why you should never use super super cheap paint rollers. It's definitely worth the splurge so that your walls don't turn 'fuzzy' like this:

(Click to enlarge)

(Gross, again...)

There isn't too much to tell from this reveal. We sanded down those narsty walls, painted, added some decor, and that was about it. The people before us tried to paint the walls without using tape and got marks ALL OVER the ceiling (womp womp) so we did attempt to add crown molding. It turned out pretty good in the end, but the process was so difficult and stressful, I don't at all feel experienced enough to write a tutorial or share details. If you really want to try molding on your own, here's a link to the video we used, as well as a link to a great tutorial on Young House Love. Hopefully that helps... because I won't be able to. :P

Here's the final result!:

Hello, bedroom!
(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

I made those curtains out of tablecloths and I made the rod as well (not out of tablecloths...). It was super easy and SUPER cheap! I'll write a post on the how-to's soon.


I loooooove that sailboat painting that my mother gave me.
Thanks, Mom!
(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

Always. <3
(Click to enlarge)

Crown molding cameo!
(Click to enlarge)

That's our bedroom! It's a pretty cozy place for late night reading sessions and Saturday morning snuggle fests. Can I take a second to show you my favorite parts?

The picture below shows the amount of sunlight that pours in through the (awesomely) huge, floor-to-ceiling windows-- which is perfect for Dan and I because we are so summertime/sunshine/all things bright obsessed. 


(Click to enlarge)

I just love those windows! Sometimes I'll just sit down on the floor with a snack and look out of them while I eat. And then at some point I normally end up laying on the floor with my feet on the sill thinking about life and wondering whether or not we have any cookies in the house. It looks like this: :)



When the people who re-did our siding came the first day, they had a trailer full of old windows taken away from their previous job. I asked if I could snag one and then did as Pinterest showed me and painted on it! I had so much fun!

(Click to enlarge)
This is just my (and now Dan's) jar of pennies. Had to showcase this one. If you don't know about my jar of pennies, just wait. I'm sure I'll post something about it in the near future. <3
Update-- Here!


(Click to enlarge)
And this is just the best thing ever. Dan and I had a real big argument one evening, and at one point I asked him what made him believe we were the 'exception'  to all the statistics of high divorce and infidelity rates. Even among "God-fearing Christians", the tragic stories of crumbling marriages still exist. The next night, I came home to find this hanging up on the wall. It's a picture of us on our wedding day between the vows we said to one another as we got married. And Dan replied, "I don't know anything for sure, but this is why I believe. Because when I said those things to you, I meant it." Girls... God was very good to me. :):)


(Click to enlarge)
And that's our bedroom! Not a super dramatic change but a major blessing nonetheless. Thanks for stopping by! Do you want to go get a Pumpkin Spice Latte with me? We can lay down in front of the big windows and munch on gingerbread cookies. :):)


Enjoy the fall!!
Agape,
CC









3 comments:

  1. Not all decorating jobs need to have a drastic change for it to make sense. I'm sure you're just glad to get rid of those fuzzy walls. :) And I really like that you kept a similar wall color. It works well in giving the room a bright feel along with those floor-to-ceiling windows.

    ReplyDelete